Everyday I watch as my country turns into Nazi Germany.
Say that I’m exaggerating. Say that I’m taking my dislike and distrust of Donald Trump to new heights. Say that I’m employing scary tactics.
None of that surprises me. And none of it stops my thoughts, either.
Because the same thoughts and feelings were told to those people in Nazi Germany that were watching in horror as Hitler took hold and destroyed their country.
Many would say that Germany still hasn’t recovered from it.
Because no matter the state of things inside that now-unified country, the rest of the world still uses them as the ultimate warning. We still use them as an example for the absolute worst that can come out of the world. We still vilify them. We still recoil from their history. And we still have trust issues.
And now this is where we, in the US, are.
The country that has this as their Preamble to the Constitution…
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
…is now the country that has done all of this in the FIRST week of Trump’s presidency.
- Lied about the size of his inaugural crowd…for days…as if that was important and deserved this time and concentration.
- Put in the executive order to repealed the Affordable Care Act without any alternative for the millions of Americans that will be without health insurance.
- Put down the Women’s March and dismissed the voices being heard there.
- Reinstated the Global Gag order for scientists and the EPA, trying to silence the voice of truth and keep educated people from sharing their knowledge.
- Issued an executive order to allow the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline through the Standing Rock Reservation.
- Began funneling federal resources to build a wall on the border with Mexico. Not only is he instituting his isolationist agenda but the wall is now being paid for by American tax payer money and his only plan for getting the money back is to tax Mexican imports, that would essentially still mean the American taxpayers would be funding the wall.
- During his first televised interview, said that he supported torture and believed in its effectiveness. This includes being specific about being pro-waterboarding.
- He also said in this interview that Chicago was worse than Afghanistan. That people were being killed right and left. And that if Chicago didn’t do something about it, he’d “send in the Feds”.
- In this same interview where he stated that Chicago was worse than Afghanistan, he also said that no place was worse than the Middle East. He said that people were being beheaded all the time there. Christians and even Muslims, all kinds of people, were having their heads chopped off all the time.
- Declared that Sanctuary Cities would not be tolerated, prompting Miami to be the first to fall to Trump’s demands and instruct its police force to not protect illegal immigrants.
- Declared war on the media.
- Threatened to publish a paper listing the names of illegal immigrants and the crimes they have “committed”, taking an actual page out of the Nazi instruction manual.
- Sent his VP to the March for Life, the first sitting VP to attend, and continuing to push the sentiment that this is a Pro-Life presidency.
- Continues to obsess over his incorrect belief that he won the popular vote (that he lost by over 3 million people) and insists that this voter fraud is due to illegal immigrants voting. Will continue to spend the government’s time and resources research this, despite the fact that it doesn’t matter.
- Ban refuges and issuing visas to people from several Muslim-majority nations.